Departure Date (Updated 7/21/2013)

flight delayedOur departure date for Africa had been delayed by one month. Our financial clearance deadline for a July departure passed, and we were short of the needed funds to leave for the field. Still, the numbers are very encouraging considering we only started receiving support three months ago. We now have 100% of our outgoing expenses and 89% of the amount needed from monthly pledges. The remaining 11% represents a total of $570 per month still needed in pledges. We are encouraged because this represents the fruit of many prayers and the sacrificial giving of quite a number of supporters. We see how the burden God has placed in our hearts has also resonated with many of you as well.

Screen shot 2013-07-21 at 10.29.47 PM

We now intend to depart on August 21st, still in time to start the fall semester at Rift Valley Academy. We will still need to receive all remaining pledges before July 24th. If you’re interested in the precise facts and figures, or if you would like to learn how to contribute, we invite you to visit our financial support page by clicking here.

It has been exciting to see God provide for the ministry he has called us to. In the past  three months alone, we have gained so much. We have seen miraculous provision. New relationships have formed and others deepened. We’ve had the privilege to trust in God more fully and partner with other brothers and sisters in Christ to take the gospel to Africa. Please continue to pray with us that God would continue to prepare us and that he would  burden others with a desire to join us in this ministry.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.